Sunday 5 August 2012

DIY Disney Wedding Countdown Calendar

So here goes the real beginning of this blog! One of my first projects for the wedding was to do a countdown calendar for my flower girl and ring bearer. Coincidentally my flower girl is my niece Aliya and my ring bearer is my nephew Austin, both kids are my older brother's, and they are visiting Saskatoon until August 14th.
So today I got crafty and made my DIY Disney Wedding Countdown Calendar. Since there are technically 7 months of countdown, I split the months onto two separate sheet, 4 on one sheet, 3 on the next.


Months August through November (will be stapling on)

Background images of the first four months
Months December through February (will be stapled on)
Background images of the last three months
So after much fighting with Microsoft Excel, I managed to figure out the formula and get a countdown of days which increasing the actual calendar date. Add some cool font and away went the printing and cutting.
As the days continue, the calendar pages will be torn away to reveal the image behind! 
--Reya

No comments:

Post a Comment